Business Continuity Consultant
International Planned Parenthood Federation/Western Hemisphere Region (IPPF/WHR) is a leader in the international movement to secure sexual and reproductive health care as a human right for all. We work with 40 partner organizations in 38 countries across the Americas and the Caribbean; our local partners are autonomous, locally-owned organizations that share a common mission: to ensure sexual and reproductive rights for all, including universal access to high quality health services and comprehensive sexuality education.
In 2016, IPPF/WHR’s partners provided more than 30.4 million services across the Americas and the Caribbean, averted over 2.2 million unintended pregnancies and provided access to a wide range of services including contraception, breast and cervical cancer screening, HIV treatment, and safe abortion. IPPF/WHR partners also facilitated 53 country-level policy changes. The IPPF/WHR offices in New York and Mexico City connects our partners to the global movement for sexual and reproductive rights and ensures their long-term sustainability by providing technical assistance in areas like program planning, organizational development, and fundraising. Together, we build strong institutions and healthy communities.
IPPF/WHR has long recognized the importance of Business Continuity Management(BCM) to improve the resilience of the organization in the event of any disruption/ crisis/ catastrophe. While IPPF/WHR already has a few elements of BCM plan in place, it has embarked on revamping and institutionalizing a formal BCM plan.
Objective of the BCM
- To put in place measures to minimize the occurrence of disruptions as well as to mitigate the impact of such events, if they do occur
- Ensure safety and security of the staff in the event of a disaster/ crisis
- Restore the organization’s critical applications and core business processes and functions
- Maintain a high level of confidence that the business continuity arrangements are effective through regular revisiting of the BCM plan arrangements
Scope and Timeline of implementation of BCM Plan
It is anticipated that the Business continuity consultant will be available asap for a period of XXX. The BCM plan will cover the following location: IPPF/WHR office in New York. There may be a need to conduct BCM plan in Mexico though this is to be determined.
Scope of Work
The Consultant will:
- Review IPPF/WHRs existing Emergency Action Plan, Safety & Security guidelines and the company’s Business Continuity policy guidelines in order to propose a robust business impact analysis and actionable plan that will focus on Human resources and Accounting;
- Conduct Business Impact analysis in the area of Human resources and Accounting with an emphasis on documenting department processes to be covered based on inputs from IPPF/WHR
- Provide recovery options strategy and cost benefits analysis in the areas of human resources and accounting for consideration by the BCM plan, taking into consideration payroll and postal mail management during crisis, as well as telephone communications.
- Define the structure for operationalizing the BCM Strategy
- Define the Crisis Management & Communications Framework, including Team Roles, responsibilities and procedures for each team
- Update Emergency Action Plan, Safety & Security guidelines
- Recommend use of automation tools to support crisis management, such as automated notification system
- Create a detailed BCM Awareness plan, covering orientation sessions for IPPF/WHR employees at all level
- Develop the maintenance framework for the BCM plan. This should include maintenance schedules for all components of the BCM plan such as BCM policy; Business Impact Analysis; Risk Assessment; Disaster recovery; Crisis Management & Communication Framework; BCM Awareness and Training Plan; BCP testing & exercising.
Qualification and Selection Criteria
The consultant must possess the following:
- Graduate of a Bachelor’s/ college Degree, Post Graduate diploma or Master’s Degree relevant to the job;
- At least 3 years of combined work experience in the field of occupational safety, emergency response and disaster preparedness
- Have completed at least 1 Emergency Preparedness and/or Business Continuity Plan (for not-for profit and or government) for the last three years;
- Have relevant training/s on Emergency Preparedness
- Have handled agency wide Business Continuity Plan/ Disaster Risk Reduction for 3 years
The consultant’s application should include the following to be considered:
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of completed Emergency Preparedness and or Business Continuity Plans for the last 3 years which shall include the respective addresses and contact numbers and
- Certified true copies of at least one completed emergency preparedness and/or Business Continuity Plan in the last 3 years.
How to apply:
We encourage both external and internal candidates to apply. Please send your resume, and cover letter to Viviane Gouredou at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
IPPF/WHR is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of HIV/AIDS status, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, and disability.