BILINGUAL MA FINANCE INTERN
**We are currently accepting applications for a COLLEGE part-time intern (approximately 20 hours/week) starting in late October 2017. This position is based in our New York City office to support our Member Association Finance Unit and Institutional Development Team. Under the supervision of the Associate Director MA Finance, this position is instrumental for making financial analysis and improving data quality. This position is for college credit only**
IPPF/WHR is one of the six regional offices that are part of the International Planned Parenthood Federation. IPPF/WHR provides technical, financial, and programmatic support to its 40 member associations throughout Latin America and the Caribbean to strengthen sexual and reproductive health and rights throughout the region by addressing five key programmatic areas—Adolescents, HIV/AIDS, Abortion, Advocacy, and Access. Throughout our work, we seek to advance a positive approach to sexuality that promotes the right of all people to a healthy, pleasurable and respectful sexual life.
The IPPF/WHR Member Association Finance Unit, comprising 5 staff members, integrates Financial Monitoring, Risk Management and use of data for decision-making into our programs and projects. These practices foster a high-performance culture throughout our organization and member associations. IPPF/WHR Member Association Finance Unit facilitates this process by providing technical assistance to Member Associations in developing and implementing best financial practices, intended to improve data quality, reporting, monitoring and financial analysis for better decision making.
Basic Responsibilities include:
- Manage and maintain database for financial analysis, some possible development
- Data cleaning and maintenance
- Prepare financial analyses and visualizations using excel graphs or PowerBI
- Develop power point presentations for internal and external audiences
- Support institutional data team with data collection, cleaning and analysis. Note-taking, graphing, basic analysis.
- Develop data presentation and visualizations, using programs like Excel or Power BI
- Draft financial narratives analyses and graphs.
- Assist with Institution-wide annual and biannual surveys, including testing, data cleaning and follow up.
- Support the production of the annual strategic plan progress report: data entry, graph and table creation, narrative writing, formatting.
- Provide Regional Office staff with information related to institutional data, as needed.
- Working with MA Finance Unit, to format and assemble data for the annual Redbook and Feedback letter processes.
- Prepare e-mail communications in English and Spanish related to financial data analysis
- Administer e-mail inboxes; ensure follow up of all e-mails
- Provide support to the MA Finance Unit as needed.
Technical Expertise Required:
- Excellent Power point and Word processing skills
- Comfort and familiarity with quantitative data
- High level of proficiency with Excel for managing data, creating formulas, formatting tables, basic analysis
- Experience with Excel or other tools for creating graphs and tables
Technical Expertise Preferred:
- Knowledge of and skills in data visualization programs
- Experience with Stata, SPSS, pivot tables, data analysis
- Data management, database maintenance and development skills (ideally SQL)
- Advanced written and spoken English and Spanish required
- Skills in professional communications: written and oral
- Commitment to IPPF/WHR’s mission and values
- Essential traits include having a high attention to detail, being highly analytical and organized
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and manage time efficiently
- Understanding of Latin American and Caribbean regional context, particularly related to public health/sexual and reproductive health, preferred
How to apply: We encourage both external and internal candidates to apply. Please send your resume and cover letter to Sharon Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
IPPF/WHR is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of HIV/AIDS status, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, and disability.