Reaching Out: Spring 2010
|Reaching Out Spring 2010.pdf||1.13 MB|
Reaching Out is a quarterly newsletter we send to our donors. In this edition, you will learn how we have been working with Profamil, our Member Association in Haiti, for more than two decades. After the devastating earthquake in 2010, we helped develop a long-term recovery plan to increase access to sexual and reproductive health services for people who had been displaced during the grueling rebuilding phase. You hear the story of a pregnant cancer patient who faces certain death because of Nicaragua’s highly restrictive abortion laws that ban therapeutic abortion. Also, International Planned Parenthood Council Chair, Alexander Sanger, contributes an editorial about maternal mortality, and Kristi Miller shares her experience of visiting our Member Associations in the Dominican Republic, Haiti, Colombia, and Peru.
• Read this newsletter to better understand the sexual and reproductive health situation in Haiti immediately following the 2010 earthquake.
• Read this newsletter to better understand the impact of restrictive abortion laws in Latin America and the Caribbean.
• Read this newsletter to learn more about traveling with IPPF/WHR.
• Read this newsletter to learn more about planned giving and a leaving a legacy gift to IPPF/WHR.
• Share this report with someone who is interested in supporting sexual and reproductive health and rights.