Work With Us
Manager of Restricted Funds
The Manager of Restricted Funds is responsabile for an efficient and transparent temporarily restricted grants and contracts infrastructure. Working closely with the Finance team and budget holders, the Manager of Restricted Funds will design, implement, and execute technologically sophisticated annual budgeting, reporting, and compliance processes for donor restricted projects. This position maintains the integrity of the general ledger and ensures that temporarily restricted expenditure codings and accounting methodologies comply with donor regulations. The Manager Of Restricted Funds reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
IPPF/WHR is a recognized leader in the international movement to ensure access to sexual and reproductive health care as a human right for all. In partnership with 40 Member Associations in the Americas and the Caribbean, we provide nearly 33 million services a year and work to secure government policies that improve people's lives.
IPPF/WHR pioneered the introduction of family planning services in Latin America and the Caribbean. We developed innovative and effective strategies for meeting the sexual and reproductive health needs of women, men, and young people in the region. IPPF/ WHR continues to respond to the tremendous need for contraceptive services, while also addressing a range of issues that have an impact on sexual and reproductive health, such as HIV/AIDS, gender-based violence, and unsafe abortion. Learn more at www.ippfwhr.org.
- • Takes the lead in creating conceptual and tactical work plans, oversees day-to-day fiscal management of all restricted grants activities and projects.
- • Leads the full cycle of restricted grants management: annual budget preparation, reporting and analysis, and funder compliance.
- • Ensures direct personnel and OTPS expenses tagged to projects are allowable, reasonable, and consistently applied as per the contract/grant provisions.
- • Ensures full integration of all systems used to manage costs: Navision, eIMS, Payroll.
- • Responsible for month-end close activities: adjusting entries, indirect cost allocations, grants/contracts budget to actual variance reports, restricted net asset reconcilations, etc.
- • Builds strong relationships with Member Associations pertaining to restricted projects and provides exceptional customer service.
- • Automation and re-design of annual budgeting and funder reporting processes, including template development and other reporting and communication tools.
- • Partners with CFO to design grants/contracts database to transparently manage all deadlines and details related to budgeting, expense reporting, cash forecasting, and compliance functions related to restricted grants and contracts.
- • Completion of finance user’s guide, with special attention paid to restricted activities including reporting deadlines, budgeting and reporting processes, and general compliance areas.
- • Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- • 5 years of experience with fiscal grants/contracts budgeting, reporting, and compliance; 4 years of experience with corporate cost accounting.
- • Advanced communication and presentation skills (written and oral).
- • Strong interpersonal skills, professionalism, and ability to execute workload with a high level of confidentiality.
- • Ability to meet weekly transactional deadlines while managing conflicting priorities.
- • Ability to work overtime during time-sensitive periods: month-end, year-end, audit, budgeting time, etc.
LOCATION: New York, NY
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience
Please send your resume and cover letter to Barry Goldklang, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
IPPF/WHR is committed to equal opportunities and cultural diversity. Applications are encouraged from people living with HIV/AIDS.