Work With Us
Under the supervision of the Director of Major Gifts, the Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Major Gifts and Planned Giving programs, managing development operations, and maintaining a portfolio of major donors.
IPPF/WHR is a recognized leader in the international movement to ensure access to sexual and reproductive health care as a human right for all. In partnership with 40 Member Associations in the Americas and the Caribbean, we provide nearly 33 million services a year and work to secure government policies that improve people's lives.
IPPF/WHR pioneered the introduction of family planning services in Latin America and the Caribbean. We developed innovative and effective strategies for meeting the sexual and reproductive health needs of women, men, and young people in the region. IPPF/WHR continues to respond to the tremendous need for contraceptive services, while also addressing a range of issues that have an impact on sexual and reproductive health, such as HIV/AIDS, gender-based violence, and unsafe abortion. Learn more at www.ippfwhr.org.
- • Develop, implement, and manage department rules and processes.
- • Design and generate accurate database reports, both department wide and division reporting, and ensure development systems coordinate efficiently with other departments.
- • Maintain database hygiene, ensure accuracy of donor records, and assist with tracking goals, strategies, and interactions.
- • Maintain general knowledge of key major and planned giving donors and prospects.
- • Assist with drafting stewardship and cultivation materials, acknowledgment letters, and thank you notes for portfolios and key donors.
- • Manage mailing processes for in-house Major Donor and Planned Giving mailings and production process for outsourced communications.
- • Serve as the point of contact with our investment manager and administrator on gift annuity process and paperwork, including annual filings and reporting.
- • Oversee all estate calendaring, record keeping, and correspondence.
SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS OF IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- • A positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- • A collaborative and professional team spirit.
- • Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- • Experience working with diverse staff and donors.
- • Excellent customer service and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) skills.
- • 3+ years of experience in a fundraising environment.
- • Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- • Experience with fundraising databases (preferably Raiser’s Edge) and data reporting.
- • Strong interpersonal and communication skills (writing and verbal).
LOCATION: New York, NY
15% of travel is required in the United States and internationally.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Barry Goldklang, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
IPPF/WHR is committed to equal opportunities and cultural diversity. Applications are encouraged from people living with HIV/AIDS.